Current release: 0.96 alpha 1(01 June 2013)
The goal of MyAES is to provide a free, fast, reliable and modern AES. It should be at least as good as "standard" AESes (MagiC and NAES are the references), but the second step is to have a good portable AES for futur machine (Linux/Aranym seems to be a good option at the moment).
Here is a small gallery of snapshot to give you an idea of the rendering of various windframes provided with MyAES
MyAES 0.96 (??.??.2013):
- - Add "include" command for default myaes.cnf file, now myaes.cnf can call additionnal cnf files.
- - Fix MU_M2 event that not work up to now!
- - Fix shel_write(SHUTDOWN,...): not use of the good parameter
- - Fix wind_get(WF_OWNER,...) : windows after the windows ask was not correctly set
- - Better shutdown
- - Fix appl_search() system flag information
- - Fix possible change of size of inconified window
- - Add "app_system" keyword for myaes.cnf for force system information in appl_search() - usefull to not display for example some task bar application in other.
- - Add "CT60_VIDEOCARD" option in config for speedup accelerations if you have a CTPCI with Radeon video card
- - Add "include" command in myaes.cnf file and some new other option see myaes.cnf documentation
- - Add extension to shel_write(LAUNCH,...), now can display files by simple shel_write() => save link with application in file "app_link.cnf" (automatic choose)
- - Add possible save of content of windows to display it in anytime by another application
- - Better management of wind_update(BEG_MCTRL)
- - fix in appl_write() possible infinite loop on message 0x4700
- - More efficient event loop to be able to run GEM games
- - Add app_game_kbd option to be able to run SDL game with keyboard
Update of CHARVIEW (19.11.2011) to edit keyboard table for MyAES or Magic, now the 9 table can be edit under MyAES rather 3, with next MyAES (to come) the tables will be update at fly when charview change keyboard config.
- KNOWN BUGS:
- - MyAeS doesn't support cooperative multitask under plain TOS so no accessory avaible on TOS.
- - Wrong redraw in B&W and 16 colors systems
- - External Fileselector can not work properly sometime to time and not work correctly with Highwire, you can solved this trouble by removing myaes\desk\select.prg like this you will use the internal fileselector (very old look and not supporting long file name)
- - X11 gem server not receive keyboard events (very strange!)
MyAES is free for non-commercial use. Please read the LICENCE for details.
WARNING : Alpha 1 version 0.96 (about 92 KB) need 0.95 version files to run! (hereafter) See alpha1.txt. This is an alpha version for tests.
The ZIP file contains a complete distribution of MyAES:
- the kernel itself (myaes.tos, myaes.cnf...)
- MyAES dependencies (fileselector, alert, libraries, JPEG zcodec...)
- "default" windframe by Eric Reboux
- Version for 68020 and coldfire
Download 0.95 version myaes095.zip (about 300 KB).
Download additional skins for MyAES ("dark" and "milk" windframes by Zorro) : mskins.zip (about 700 KB).
(you can find other windframes here: http://paulwratt.110mb.com/afros/skins/myaes/ Paul Wratt design)
TOSWIN2 patch version with num pad '+' & '-' working with MyAES (new version with shortcut option working (2 March 2013)): toswin2.zip
Download source code for simple windframe : cframesrc.zip
Edit your keytblxx.sys (keyboard configuration file) with CHARVIEW from Roland SEVIN (New version 19 November 2011): charview.zip
MyAES 0.95 (09.02.2012):
- - Fix shel_write(SWM_LAUNCH) to be able to start application with tos or ttp extension in console => now run from myaes.cnf of tos software work correctly
- - Fix some issues with the menu_popup function that could crash before
- - New extension to shel_write(SWM_KEYBOARD (98)) to be able to manage keyboard tables (work with new version of charview) at fly
- - introduce again the choice of 256 color incons
- - CTRL - ALT click right restore mouse if lost.
- - ALTGR supported (Aranym can have a full support on PC keyboard)
- - Fix some small redraws issues
- - The fileselector language depend of "language" value in myaes.cnf (provide english and french file selector)
- - The keyboard table depend of "language" value in myaes.cnf (provide only french keyboard with altgr, send me your keyboard table! + explanation of use of "charview.app" software)
- - Package include "charview"
- - Package include coldfire version with jpeg.ldg and screen.ldg for coldfire
- - New jpeg.ldg usable without FPU (previously default MyAES configuration crash on computer without FPU)
MyAES 0.94a for Coldfire (27.09.2011):
TAS instruction of the colfire is not fully compatible with TAS instruction of 68K processor MyAES can't work, this is now fix there is a specific version compiled hereafter (thanks Vincent Rivière for his debug help)
MyAES 0.94a (16.06.2011) patch has been released:
- shel_find now is able manage correctly unix PATH
- appl_find((char *) (-3l << 16)) should return top application but it was not the case, taskbar could crash in this case (Thanks Jo Even Skarstein)
- fix crash on CTRL-ALT-SUPPR (Thanks Wongck for his debug support)
Add a patched TOSWIN2 in download area (16.06.2011)
Add english file selector in download area (25.05.2011) Thanks Paul Wratt for this hack
MyAES 0.94 (24.05.2011) has been released. Main changes are listed hereafter:
- Realtime resize avaible on the 4 windows corners + changes of mouse forms
- New supported form in graf_mouse
- add "app_forcedesk" command in myaes.cnf to force application using userdef as desktop to have MyAES picture (can be used with Thing but not Jinnee!)
- wind_calc support Magic extension
- Fix bugs:
- FVDI can crash on some VDI function operation if perimeter is set
- shel_read fix
- appl_getinfo repport now that MyAES shel_write() support shutdown and video chnage as it should
- work with CTPCI
MyAES 0.93b (25.02.2011) patch has been released: Realtime windows move can't work, number of pixels for transparency can't be set in myaes.cnf - this are specific bugs to 0.93 version
MyAES 0.93a (16.02.2011) patch has been released: wdialog doesn't work correctly when MyAES is compiled by GCC, this version is compiled with PureC - this is specific bug to 0.93 version
MyAES 0.93 has been released. Main changes are listed hereafter:
- MyAES can run under plain TOS and is romable (not usefull for this binary!)
- Internal winframe, fileselector, form_alert are avaible (external by default are still used)
- Source code example for winframe is avaible
- First official version compiled with GCC (68000 version if you need other version ask me (possible coldfire))
- Reduction of memory avaible to run MyAES
- Crash at start on Milan computer should be solved
- Bug in accessory memory used (some use too much memory)
- Some small bugs fixed
- A big thanks to Vincent Rivière and Didier Méquignon for their help in this version
MyAES 0.92 has been released. Main changes are listed hereafter:
- Better use of TOSWIN2, you need a recent version (August 2008 or more recent) of it to run correctly (put one in archive), because it include VA_START protocol for TOSWIN2 use in this version
- New menu configuration option with flying_menu_fix, put it to 'true' with option flying_menu = true, then menu not retract but application still have full screen access.
- Now myaes can read a part it's configuration in $HOME/default/myaes.cnf
- If MyAES is run above an other AES accessorys are loaded
MyAES 0.91 has been released. Main changes are listed hereafter:
- Better redraw managment on functions locking applications (form_alert, fsel_input, menu_popup..), now when move the object (file selector for example) client windows are redraw.
- Menu_popup() can't work correctly when an hierarchical menu was attach to it (impossible to do copy in RSM for example because popup close before be able to select the copy item because it close when a hieriarchical menu was open flying on a previous item close when go out of this item)
MyAES 0.90a : Just a fix for bad environment pass to application in 0.90 version, some softwares doesn't work with this bug!
MyAES 0.90 has been released. Main changes are listed hereafter:
- Add: Lbox_xxx() functions from wdialog extension is now inside, so no more need Ndialog to run most software using wdialog! (like Jinnee) Font selector and printer dialog are still not supported. Thanks Gerhard Stoll
- Now MyAES work correctly under Mint with Memory protection (KERN_SECURITY_LEVEL=2 and KERN_MPFLAGS=1), so maximum protection. MyAES is able to run software that not run on any other AES in this mode.
- FIX: So many fix bugs in this version that is impossible to do a list! 4 month for only do debug! Really 0.90 is a great finish version.
- graf_dragbox() now support transparency effect in TC 32 bits
For end users:
- How to install MyAES on a EasyMiNT setup by M.A. Kehr
- MyAES and CT60: Tricks and Tips (in French only and outdated unfortunatly) by Cyril LEFEBVRE (Bibou)
- Configuration of MyAES (TODO)
- Usage of MyAES (MyAES menu, clic on widget to open menu, howto iconify all...) (TODO)
Authors and contact
Main developper :
Other developpers and contributors:
- Vincent Rivière (Fix MyAES to be able to run under plain TOS)
- Didier Méquignon (change in MyAES to be able to be put in ROM)
- Eric Reboux (Winframe, File selector, dialog, etc...)
- Arnaud Bercegeay (GCC32, handling of mouse buttons, web site...)
- Dominique Béréziat (Configuration, environment...)
- Zorro (Winframe)
- Philipp Donzé (Toslib patch for pure c, new AES objects)
- Jean Francois Lemaire - report of bugs
- Roland Sevin (provision of sources)
- Jean-Marc Stocklausen (tracker of bugs, previous web site)
- Frédéric Boudet (Logo MyAES)
- Patrice Mandin
- Thanks Guillaume Tello for his help on video troubles.
- Thanks Gerhard Stoll for it's documentation on lbox_xxx() function and the solution for a bug crashing Papyrus (without never see source code of MyAES Waouh!).
- Thanks Paul Wratt for winframe skins